- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 medium sweet potato
- 4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 4 cup spinach
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 cup grapes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed kernels
- Place chicken and BBQ sauce in a crockpot and cook on low for 3-5 hours until no longer pink inside. Once chicken has finished cooking, you can either leave it whole or shred it. (NOTE: If you do not know your crockpot please check your chicken after 3 hours. Chicken breast can cook really quick in some crockpots).
- About 45 minutes before the chicken is done, preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Rinse potatoes and wrap in foil; bake for 30 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, shred lettuce and spinach; slice tomato, cucumber, and grapes.
- Add veggies, pumpkin seeds, and grapes to a large bowl and toss together with your favorite dressing.
- Serve chicken with sweet potatoes and salad on the side. (Serving size: 3/4 cup chicken, 1 potato, 1 1/2 cup salad).
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie