- 1/4 medium onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 cup wild rice, raw
- 1/2 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 cup Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 12 ounce salmon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Chop onion, carrots, and celery into small bite-size pieces.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped veggies and cook until tender.
- Stir in the broth, water, and rice and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- While rice cooks, preheat oven to 450° F.
- Slice Brussels and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out onto a baking sheet, and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Lower oven temp to 425° F (or heat a grill to 300°).
- Place salmon on tin foil or in a grill pan; drizzle with lemon juice and brush barbecue sauce over top.
- Cook 15-20 minutes until fish is cooked through and flaky (grilling may not take as long).
- Serve salmon with rice and Brussels on the side. Serve with any fruit you may have on hand!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie