- 1 none cooking spray
- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 6 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounce ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 2 medium mango
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8X8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain and set aside.
- Mince garlic and dice onion and red pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic, peppers and onions for 3-5 minutes. Stir pasta sauce, basil, oregano, salt and pepper into onion mixture. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove sauce from stove and stir in cooked pasta.
- Shred the mozzarella. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Spoon half the pasta into the baking dish and top with half of the ricotta mixture. Repeat with remaining pasta and ricotta. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella and bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve with cubed mango on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie