Wholesome salmon fillets are marinated in a tasty sweet and spicy sauce, then baked or grilled for a quick and satisfying dinner.
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 12 ounce salmon
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 15 ounce corn, canned
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 2 medium orange
- Mince garlic and ginger; add to a small bowl along with olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, Sriracha sauce, black pepper, and crushed red pepper (optional). Whisk together.
- Place salmon into a baking dish and pour marinade over the top. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove cover from dish and bake fish for 15-20 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- While fish cooks, drain and rinse beans and corn, and dice tomato and bell pepper. Add to a large bowl along with with olive oil, juice of the lime, salt, pepper, and chopped cilantro. Toss to combine.
- Serve salmon with veggie salad and orange wedges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie