- 4 medium russet potato
- 12 ounce Fish, cod, Atlantic, raw
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 cup asparagus
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven.
- Cut 2 large or 4 medium potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Rinse well in a large bowl of cold water, and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Transfer to a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each coarse salt and pepper; toss well. Arrange strips in an even layer on the sheet. Bake on lower rack until golden and crisp, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place fish fillets in a large bowl. Add buttermilk, and gently turn fish to coat. In another shallow bowl, combine cornmeal, paprika, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add fillets to cornmeal one at a time, turning to completely coat. Transfer to a plate while repeating with remaining fillets.
- Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining tablespoon of oil; swirl to coat. Add fillets, being careful not to overcrowd pan. Cook until nicely crusted, about 1 minute; turn over with a spatula. Place skillet in top third of oven, and cook until firm but beginning to flake when pressed in the center, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to plates, and serve with potatoes. Serve lemon wedges and malt vinegar on the side. Serve with steamed asparagus.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie