- 1 none cooking spray
- 8 slice bacon
- 6 large egg
- 1/3 cup flour, coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, green
- 1/2 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 4 medium clementine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Place paper towels onto a plate and lay out bacon without overlapping. Add more paper towels to the top of bacon. This will help to remove any excess grease (especially if you are using regular bacon and not turkey bacon). Continue until all bacon has been removed from pan. Crumble bacon into a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs. Add coconut flour, paprika, salt, and baking powder. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Mixture will be very thick. As it rests, chop bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Add bacon, cheese, peppers, and mushrooms to batter; mix well. Pour into 12 muffin tin cups and sprinkle with basil. Bake for 13-15 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving. Serve with clementines on the side.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 237mg | Sodium: 892mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g