- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 2 medium avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1 medium cucumber
- 8 slice bread, Italian
- 4 slice (1 oz) provolone cheese
- 2 cup spinach
- 4 medium apple
- Add onion, garlic, tomato, avocado flesh, lemon juice, salt, and mustard to a food processor. Blend until smooth, or to your desired texture. (Note: if you peel and de-seed the tomato, it will make for a smoother spread).
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds; cut into thin slices.
- Toast bread, then add a generous helping of avocado spread to each slice; add cucumbers, cheese, and spinach, the close sandwiches and slice into halves or quarters.
- Serve with apple slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie