This Avocado Orzo Salad is packed with good for you ingredients and tossed in a spicy buttermilk dressing- it’s one of our favorite picnic lunch salads!
- 1 cup orzo, dry
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 stalk green onion
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoon cilantro
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise, light
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 medium avocado
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 2 cup raspberries
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse.
- Allow corn to thaw while prepping remaining veggies. Quarter cherry tomatoes, slice green onions, and rinse and drain black beans; toss all into a large bowl with the orzo.
- Combine buttermilk, chopped cilantro, lime juice, sour cream, mayo, chili powder, salt, pepper, cayenne (optional), and crushed garlic in a small bowl, whisking to combine.
- Drizzle over orzo mixture and toss to evenly coat. Dice avocado and chop parsley.
- Top orzo with avocado and parsley, and serve with raspberries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie