- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 3 cup lettuce, romaine
- 3 cup cabbage, shredded Napa
- 3 medium carrot
- 4 stalk green onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium avocado
- Add chicken to a large pot and completely cover with water. Add Italian seasoning, bring to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from water, shred, and set aside.
- Chop lettuce and cabbage. Shred carrots. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Chop onions (about 1/2 cup) and cilantro; add to salad along with drained mandarin oranges, vinegar, oil, and cooled chicken; toss well to coat evenly.
- Slice avocado or cut into cubes. Serve on top of each serving of salad.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie