- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 2 stalk green onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 8 ounce water chestnuts
- 5 ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoon apricot jam
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 medium orange
- Cook rice according to directions on package.
- Slice peppers into thin strips, slice green onions, and mince garlic. Slice water chestnuts. Peel and devein shrimp if they aren’t already.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, green onions and garlic; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add shrimp and water chestnuts. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat.
- Stir in apricot preserves, soy sauce, and hot pepper sauce (a dash or to your liking). Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice with orange slices on the side.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 352mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g