- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 2 stalk green onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 8 ounce water chestnuts
- 5 ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoon apricot jam
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 medium orange
- Cook rice according to directions on package.
- Slice peppers into thin strips, slice green onions, and mince garlic. Slice water chestnuts. Peel and devein shrimp if they aren’t already.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, green onions and garlic; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add shrimp and water chestnuts. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat.
- Stir in apricot preserves, soy sauce, and hot pepper sauce (a dash or to your liking). Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice with orange slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie