- 3 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 slice bread, whole wheat
- 2 medium apple
- 1 tablespoon water
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high.
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon nutmeg in a shallow dish.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides, then place onto hot skillet.
- Cook French toast until both sides are golden and egg is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, slice or chop apples.
- Place apples in a microwave safe dish. Stir in water and remaining spices, then cover and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir apples, return cover, and microwave for another 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Top French toast with warmed apples before serving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie