- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup apples, dried
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup (not packed) raisins, golden seedless
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup hummus
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Finely chop onion, then add to hot oil. Cook for 4-6 minutes, allowing onion to soften. While onion is cooking, chop apples and set aside.
- Add rice to pan and cook while stirring for 4-6 minutes. Rice will begin to brown, but only lightly.
- Add in water, apples, raisins, salt, thyme, allspice, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. (NOTE: Due to varying types of rice, there may be a need for more water; refer to package instructions).
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, allowing liquid to absorb and rice to soften. Remove from heat, allow to rest for 5 minutes, and then fluff with a fork.
- Slice cucumber and serve on the side, along with peas and hummus.
Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 836mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g