- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup hummus
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Finely chop onion, then add to hot oil. Cook for 4-6 minutes, allowing onion to soften. While onion is cooking, chop apples and set aside.
- Add rice to pan and cook while stirring for 4-6 minutes. Rice will begin to brown, but only lightly.
- Add in water, apples, raisins, salt, thyme, allspice, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. (NOTE: Due to varying types of rice, there may be a need for more water; refer to package instructions).
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, allowing liquid to absorb and rice to soften. Remove from heat, allow to rest for 5 minutes, and then fluff with a fork.
- Slice cucumber and serve on the side, along with peas and hummus.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie