Tender slow-cooked chicken tops loads of fresh veggies on a whole grain tortilla in this colorful and tasty dinner!
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 2 cup lettuce, romaine
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 medium mango
- Slice onion. Add butter to a skillet. Add the onion and saute over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Put onions in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Stir spices into the onion and add chicken. Top with salsa. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Prepare toppings by cutting vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Shred chicken and serve on top of tortillas with desired toppings. Lettuce, avocado, pepper, broccoli, and/or mangoes. (Serving size: 1 wrap, 3 ounces chicken mixture)