- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup oats, dry
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, dark
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line your cookie sheet with parchment or a Silpat.
- Drain, rinse, and dry chickpeas. Into your food processor or Vitamix, add chickpeas, vanilla and milk (you can use almond milk). Cream until smooth. Remove and spoon into a medium size mixing bowl. Add honey, nut butter, eggs, salt and baking powder to the chickpea mixture. Stir well.
- Into your food processor (no need to clean it), add the oats and blend until it turns to flour. Add that to your chickpea mixture along with the chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Scoop out onto your cookie sheet. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden around the edges. Let cool on cooling rack. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie