If a healthy, weekly meal plan is the goal, these strategies are designed to get you there. Meal planning is great because it frees up your mind during the week to think of other things, rather than being preoccupied all day with what the next meal is going to be.
It doesn’t need to be complicated. As soon as a task feels overwhelming, it rarely gets done. So think simple, and use these three points to make it easy!
- Start with a meal planning template. You can choose use a template as a guide, such as, “Mexican on Mondays, Italian on Tuesdays”, etc. I’m using the template found at the bottom of this page for this weekly plan.
- Fill in the meal plan with meals your family will enjoy, and for what you will have time to prepare. Don’t plan a meal that takes an hour to prepare if you are going to be at a soccer game all afternoon.
- Plan for produce! This is the most forgotten part of meal planning. Unfortunately, I don’t write down all the fruits and vegetables we are going to eat with our meals. Often, I rely on “what I feel like preparing or whatever is left in the fridge and not rotten yet, but sometimes that leaves us with nothing! With this in mind, today’s meal plan will have all the veggies we’re going to eat this week!
|Monday||Banana Berry Smoothie||Apple Tuna Sandwiches||Strawberries with yogurt||Mexican Lasagna with sliced zucchini|
|Tuesday||Pumpkin Oatmeal||Green Apple Cabbage slaw||Sunflower seeds and dried apricots||Chicken parmesan with green beans casserole|
|Wednesday||Scrambled Eggs, banana, and toast||Crunchy vegetable burritos||Carrot sticks and ranch||Orange apricot chicken and pea salad|
|Thursday||Pancake bar (add-ins such as sunflower seeds, walnuts, or blueberries)||Citrusy Pasta Salad||Granola Bars and mandarin oranges||Turkey Burgers, potatoes and broccoli salad|
|Friday||Apple-ginger- oat bran muffins and fruit salad||Alphabet vegetable soup||Leftover fruit salad from breakfast||Cornmeal Pie with green salad|
- Also, Monday will start H -Week! I’m pretty excited about the series I have planned! Think… HERBS and HOPSCOTCH!
- Today is the last day to enter the giveaway for Great River Organic Milling.
- Have you seen the printable shopping list yet? Get it here.
- My favorite font is Georgia
- Go BYU! Anyone make a bracket? Anyone have BYU going all the way? OK, maybe not this year, but they are awesome!