- 1 1/2 pound pork roast
- 2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- 4 cup shredded veggies, bagged (such as broccoli slaw)
- 3/4 cup raisins, seedless
- 1/2 cup mango cubes, frozen
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium lime
- Place pork into crockpot and pour barbeque sauce over top. Cook for 6-8 hours on low until fully cooked and tender.
- Mix slaw together well in advance of dinner so the frozen mango has plenty of time to thaw: mix together all ingredients, using only the juice of the lime; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (Mango may be left out and served on the side if preferred.)
- Just before serving, shred pork in the crockpot and stir to combine with the sauce; serve on dinner rolls with slaw on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie