Let’s get real- you probably don’t want to cook breakfast on Christmas morning, right? Sure, you want everyone well fed with a healthy and yummy breakfast to start a joyous yet typically busy day. But the thought of prepping, cooking, and doing kitchen clean-up, amidst all the other Christmas activities, doesn’t necessarily bring the cheer. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite Christmas-worthy breakfast ideas to serve breakfast with ease.
First, a few tips to make breakfast go smoothly on Christmas morning:
- Have a plan. Know what you are going to serve so that breakfast is a no-brainer on Christmas morning.
- Make ahead. Many of the items listed below can be made in advance and reheated for Christmas breakfast. Have some sides ready to go if you want to serve something with the items below, such as hard cook eggs, yogurt, fruit, whole wheat English muffins, or other breakfast favorites.
- Disposable dishes. If you know you’ll have a crowd at your house on Christmas and want to start the day with minimal kitchen cleaning, allowing your family to use disposable dishes is a huge time saver.
- Enlist help. Sure, Christmas is filled with visions of gifts, family fun, and more, but kids of almost any age can be given tasks to help. Have the older kids load up the breakfast dishes into the dishwasher. Have the younger children wipe down the table. Having the kids (and adults too) do age appropriate chores helps you to stay focused on the joy of the day by not overworking yourself.
15 ideas for a magical and healthy Christmas breakfast
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- Fruit & Veggie Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Zucchini Mushroom Frittata
- Best Ever Whole Wheat Waffles
- Breakfast Berry Cobbler
- Healthier Hashbrown Casserole
- German Pancakes
- The Best French Toast
- Stuffed Berry French Toast
- Mini Berry Puff Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pie Slow Cooker Oatmeal
- Reindeer Pancakes
- Fresh Cranberry Eggnog Christmas Muffins
- Healthy Mini Cinnamon Rolls
- Hot Chocolate Pancakes
Where should we begin with the pros to this breakfast? Besides the wholesome ingredients, you can prep it ahead and it is a total crowd pleaser. It looks like a special morning meal, but it’s super simple to throw together!
Not only is this a simple, hands-free way of making pancakes, but you can add holiday flare by using red berries and kiwi fruit!
My kids love breakfast casserole so much that if I served it on Christmas morning, they would think it was one of their Christmas gifts. This veggie packed casserole is beautifully decorated for the season with bell pepper, zucchini, and mushroom. Feel free to add other favorite veggies as well. It can be vegetarian, or you can add your breakfast meat of choice. You can assemble this the night before so that you only need to bake it on Christmas morning.
Our favorite, go-to waffle recipe! Served with strawberries and whipped cream, this makes the perfect holiday breakfast.
This breakfast spin on a fruit cobbler feels like dessert- but it’s topped with an oat and quinoa mixture that is hearty, healthy, and oh so delicious.
This casserole is a throw-together marvel.. making it perfect for a busy, holiday morning.
German Pancakes taste a bit like a crepe- but are baked in a dish, making them almost fool proof! They poof up light and airy, and served with jam and topped with powdered sugar, your kids might even run to the breakfast table!
This French Toast is just plain tasty! Served with a variety of fruits, (or even a drizzle of Nutella!) really elevates this recipe to Christmas morning status.
Take your french toast to the next level by stuffing it with a sweet, creamy filling and chopped strawberries. Yum!
This mini puff pancakes are delicious- and make the perfect portable package for whatever topping your kiddos love!
This oatmeal is packed with warm spices that make the house smell delicious. The best part? The slow cooker does all the work.
Pancakes may be simple, but when you shape them into an adorable reindeer face and top them with bacon antlers, you have a pretty magical Christmas breakfast!
The name says it all! These beautiful and delicious muffins are made with eggnog, fresh cranberries and walnuts that will make your whole house smell like Mrs. Claus’s kitchen!
These mini cinnamon rolls may be small, but they are big on flavor! They are the perfect way to indulge on Christmas morning. Served with a fruit salad, an egg dish, or a colorful smoothie you have a healthy and delicious breakfast.
These pancakes look just like a mug brimming with hot cocoa and whipped cream.. and made with whole wheat, your kids are getting a whole lot more nutrition, too!
Go ahead and give yourself the gift of a worry and fuss free Christmas day breakfast. You’ll be confident that everyone has a nutritious meal to start the day of merriment without having to spend the morning in the kitchen.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie