- 1 cup wheat berries
- 2 cup diced mushrooms, portabella
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, rice
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 slice bread, whole wheat
- 4 slice turkey breast, deli style
- 2 leaf outer lettuce
- 4 medium orange
- Cook wheat berries as directed on package.
- Chop mushrooms and slice onion; toss into a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together sesame seeds, grapeseed oil, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce and black pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, assemble 2 turkey sandwiches using wheat bread, turkey, and lettuce leaves; slice in half.
- Pour cooked wheat berries into bowl with the mushrooms; stir to combine. Whisk dressing once more and then drizzle into salad; blend well to coat evenly.
- Serve each 1/2 sandwich with a side of salad and an orange.
Calories: 591kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 798mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 5g