- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot
- 1/2 tsp, ground thyme, dried
- 1/4 tsp sage, ground
- 1 cup pumpkin, canned
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds, Whole with Shell
- 4 fruit 3-3/8″ high x 3″ diameter Pears, asian
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Add chopped shallot, dried thyme and sage. Saute for 3-4 minutes, shallots will become tender.
- Add a pumpkin. Whisk in chicken stock. Add slowly while stirring. You may or may not need the full 2 cups, it is dependent upon how thin or thick you would like the consistency of your soup. Allow to heat and become bubbly. Add salt and pepper at the end for added zest! Top each serving of soup with a few pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with sliced pears on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie