What do you get when you have cookie cutters you just can’t stop using? Cookie cutter French Fries of course!
Potatoes are an inexpensive way to feed whole foods to your kids. It makes me crazy when potatoes are vilified by “health” professionals, and is also annoying when they are modified by fast food joints. They are potatoes for heavens sake! If we want to teach our kids to eat whole foods, potatoes certainly meet the criteria.
To make these super easy healthy French Fries:
- Wash and peel several potatoes
- Slice potatoes into half inch slices, cross ways (to get maximum surface area)
- Use metal cookie cutters to cut into shapes (metal cuts much easier than plastic)
- Place potato shapes on a cookie sheet
- Brush olive oil on potatoes
- Sprinkle with seasonings (I used Season Salt)
- Bake on top rack at 425 for 20 minutes.
I love reading your comments. Feel free to tell me your true feelings about potatoes!!