Looking for ways to include more fruits and vegetables at every meal? Check out our meal plans for help today!
We made these Zucchini Pizzas for our meal planning site during the summer. It wasn't until I was looking through some old pictures that I decided they look like eyeballs and would be perfect for Halloween!!
We love finding healthy food for a holiday that is famous for being the most unhealthy of them all! With all the candy and junk food kids get, it will actually be welcoming to have a little vegetables and protein for a snack on Halloween.
While there is still a week or two left of the zucchini harvest, you should get all you can out of the zucchini's that are left.
Zucchini is terrific for kids because:
- It's high in vitamin C
- It takes on the flavor of foods you cook it with easily, helping kids to accept it.
- It's a good source of manganese and vitamin A (Zucchini eyeballs for healthy eyes!)
This snack is also a great way to get kids in the kitchen! (see recipe below)
For more zucchini ideas, check out our ZUCCHINI PAGE!
|1/4 serving 1/2 cup||Marinara Sauce, Store-bought|
|3 oz||Cheese, mozzarella, part skim milk|
|8 jumbo||Black olives, canned|
- Cut zucchini into diagonals, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Arrange slices on a baking sheet.
- Top with marinara sauce, cheeses, and olives.
- Broil in oven, on high for 2-4 minutes. Watch carefully- they cook fast!