Pack-able Sandwiches on a Stick
Do you ever get tired of packing the same old sandwich in a lunch or for an outing? The thing about sandwiches is that if you assemble ahead of time, they almost always end up soggy. There is pretty much nothing worse than a soggy sandwich - right? When you separate the sandwich ingredients it stays fresh, your kids can choose what they want to include, and there are so many fun ways to assemble! We love using mini-cutters to make designs that are fun for kids. Skewering your sandwich ingredients is fast, fun, and for kids who normally don't eat certain veggies on their sandwiches, they just might when it's on a stick!
You can get creative and stack any type of sandwiches this way. The key to making a sandwich healthy for your little ones is to make sure:
- You are using 100% whole grain bread
- You include a protein (if using deli meat, watch for sodium content, or cut your own from a home cooked turkey)
- Good proteins include: Peanut butter or other nut butters, meat, a bean spread like hummus, etc.
- Include fruits or vegetables
- Some of our sandwich favorites are: Cucumbers, lettuce or spinach, tomatoes, bell pepper slices and thinly sliced apple or pear.
You can make these for lunch at home to mix things up a bit, pack them for a school lunch, or take them on a picnic or outing with you! Start with your favorite ingredients. We swtiched things up a bit instead of including regular sandwich ingredients. We have:
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Deli Meat
- Pea Pods
- Golden Cherry Tomatoes
Pack them up for on the go!
Or serve them up at home for a fun lunch!
These are some great mini-cutters to make fun shapes with your food!
GET ALL THESE BOOKS PLUS OVER 60 MORE FOR ONLY $29. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS