The basic oven baked chip recipe:
- Slice potatoes thinly
- Place sliced potatoes on cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Salt the potatoes if desired.
- Bake in hot oven (425) for 8-12 minutes or until crispy.
The tips and lessons I learned:
- Watch CLOSELY. These go from under done to over done in a matter of seconds!
- Blot the potatoes dry before baking. They are pretty wet when they are first cut.
- A hotter oven and shorter cooking time works best. Even up to 500 degrees for 7-8 minutes worked well for me.
- While thin potato slices are ideal, you don’t want them too thin or they get crispy and charred too easily.