My 9 year old is obsessed with memorizing as many numbers as possible in the number PI ( The ratio of the circumference of a circle to it’s diameter)! All I know is, I blame youtube! He saw a 3 year old little girl reciting pi digits, and he just had to do it too. And, for those of you who haven’t heard, today is Pi Day! The first three numbers in pi are 3.14, so because today is 3-14, math enthusiasts everywhere are celebrating. And, as learned on Facebook, 3-14-15 is supposed to be the EPIC pi day! We’ll be celebrating for sure.
So, to celebrate, here is my 9 year old TJ with almost 70 digits in pi. Then of course is our recipe for eating pie for lunch, Peanut butter and Strawberry Pi!
So, for lunch, we are making a homemade peanut butter pie crust. We filled our pie crust with strawberries to replace our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Then to “round” out our lunch, we chopped some circles, in memory of pi, from string cheese, carrots, and peppers!
|Peanut Butter and Strawberry Pie||
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chilled peanut butter
- 3 TBL butter
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- 4 cups cut up strawberries
- Cut the butter and peanut butter into the flour
- Slowly add the ice water, 1 TBL at a time, until you form a soft dough.
- Dump dough onto a floured surface, and roll out into a flat disc.
- Line a pie plate with dough
- Bake pie dough at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes for small pies, or 30-40 minutes for full size, or until cooked.
- Fill cooked pie crust with strawberries.
What will you do to celebrate??