10 Ideals for Better Health!
- Eat less sugar! The average child gets 16% of their total calories from added sugars, a whopping 10 teaspoons per day! Added sugar has been linked to childhood obesity, chronic diseases, behavior problems, and more! Keep this number between 0-5%!
- Make half your meal fruits and vegetables! Increasing consumption of fruits and vegetables in all their forms and varieties have been linked to stronger immunity, lower incidences of cancer, lower weight and more! A balanced meal comes naturally when kids consume half their meal fruits and veggies! Kids who eat fruits and veggies at every meal are filling up on high fiber, high nutrient, low calorie foods, in the right portions.
- Eat a variety of proteins! Protein is vital to children’s growing brains and bodies! Protein isn’t only obtained from chicken! Seafood, poultry, lean beef, eggs, dairy, beans, peas, nuts, and seeds are all good protein sources and should all be included in a child’s diet.
- Include fish once per week. Fish is high in omega 3 fats, like DHA, which is vital for brain development. In addition, omega 3’s are being linked to reduced inflammation in patients with asthma, arthritis, and eczema. Low consumption of Omega 3’s is common in kids and is a risk factor for disease and behavior problems.
- Choose whole grains! There is no reason to continue purchasing and making foods with refined grains. There are delicious alternatives to every refined food. Brown rice, whole wheat breads and pastas are higher in fiber and nutrients than their refined white counterparts.
- Stick to 4 meals per day! Kids who are allowed to graze on food all day, do not have the appetite or desire to try new foods. It’s OK for children to be hungry, and even encouraged! When mealtime comes, they will be less picky and healthy food will actually taste better.
- Limit sodium. Kids should eat less than 1500mg of sodium per day, a little more than 1/2 teaspoon. Too much sodium puts children at risk for high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease, and even kidney disease. Being vigilant about checking labels and avoid adding salt where possible, in favor of herbs and spices is an easy way to stay below the recommendation.
- Limit processed foods. Processed foods are any foods you find that are pre-made, packaged, and often require chemicals, food dyes, preservatives, added fats, and added sugars just to be able to keep it on the store shelves without getting spoiled. Children who eat and have access to processed foods eat less fruits and vegetables and develop eating habits that lead to obesity and poor health. Making your food from scratch, planning your meals, shopping the perimeter of the store, and growing your own foods are easy ways to eliminate the need for processed foods.
- Drink Water! Water is vital for children. The major source for added sugar for children is sugar sweetened beverages. Sugar sweetened beverages have been blamed for many of the health problems plaguing children today, including childhood obesity. These beverages also replace foods that have nutrients and fiber, which children need to grow.
- Sleep well and play hard! When kids spend their day playing outside, rather than in front of a screen, they sleep better, they have less behavior problems, they are happier and even have better self image.
We believe that as you teach these things to your children, implement them into daily living, and let it be a part of your life, your kids will be healthier, happier, and they will learn the habits necessary for lifetime wellness!
Our meal plans are designed with these ten ideals so you can feel confident your kids are getting what they need!
Each meal plan:
- Is Under 5% added sugar, and often days 0%!
- Includes fruits and vegetables. The fruits and vegetables in our plan are seasonal, colorful, and help children develop the taste for a variety of flavors and textures, leading to less picky eating!
- Contains a variety of proteins from beans, dairy, nuts, and seeds, to chicken, beef, fish and eggs.
- Provides 1 meal per week of fish! For families not used to this, once a week is a great place to start this healthy habit.
- Contains whole grains. This is a choice you will make at the grocery store, but the meals are intended to be whole grains! Choose brown rice and whole wheat!
- Provides 4 meals per day! These meals are filling because they are full of fiber and nutrients.
- Contains less than 1500mg of sodium!
- Helps you limit or often eliminate processed foods by offering recipes for each meal!
We have meal ideas, recipes, nutrition data, pictures, shopping list, holiday ideas, and new meal plans posted every week! Most meal plans only offer ideas for dinner, but our growing kids need healthy ideas for every meal. Using a meal plan designed by us will help you to have more time, feel less stressed, and contribute to healthier, and happier kids!
What we’ve got for you:
We have the ultimate solution! Join our meal planning site, and we will do the leg work. Our meal plans are:
- Perfect for Kids! All the healthy meals are family friendly, with ingredients that is probably already in your cupboards! Nothing
- Organized and Easy To Navigate! No clicking around on a million pages, making your own shopping lists, or even navigating around to find your recipes. These plans are straightforward with everything you need to be successful at your fingertips!
- Scannable! With images of every single meal in the meal plan, It’s easy to see what your family can eat that week, without digging through text.
- HEALTHY! The greatest feature of our meal plans is every recipe has been analyzed for nutrition facts! If you need to track calories, carbs, protein, fiber, or fats, you can!
- Customizeable! You don’t need to follow the entire plan every week! Just follow our ideas for dinner only or breakfast only! Changing one meal is a great start to healthier eating!
- Fresh and current! Because we write the meal plans in real time and follow it for our own families, the meals are seasonal. We include fruits and vegetables of the season, as well as HOLIDAY IDEAS!!
- Affordable! We just added a price point list for the best grocery prices for over 200 grocery items! No coupons necessary! Just take this list to the grocery store on your next visit. If you find the good prices, stock up!
Our meal plans are written by us, nutrition experts and moms! Each meal on the meal plan is then shopped for, prepared, and fed to our own kids, before we post them for you. That way, we can make sure they are acceptable to the toughest crowd! We take pictures of the meals, and organize it for you to use with your own family! A new meal plan is posted each week and so you always plan 30 days ahead!
We’ve Been There!
We know what it’s like to stare at the cupboard at 5pm and wonder what you’ll fix for dinner! We’ve spent time and money on meal plans, only to have our children reject the food! We’ve also had a house full of kids in the afternoon declaring how hungry they are and wondering what they can snack on!
Bonus features: Act now and we’ll throw in a printable meal planner for organizing all the plans, recipes, and shopping lists you choose to print! You can get all this and more for FREE with our 7 day FREE TRIAL!
Free for 7 days
$9.99 per month after that
We want you to be fully equipped to use the recipes and meal plans. We send out a weekly email to help you look ahead and know what meals can be prepared ahead of time! These emails will give you tips and ideas for your success in getting a healthy meal on the table in a snap.
I sat in amazement last night as my 3 year old ate 2.5 Quinoa cakes!! And better yet my husband ate them as well!! Your meal plan is fantastic and has re-energized me in the kitchen. My kids love it too and who knew eating healthy could be so YUMMY!! Our favorites to date are the veggie nachos and the braised chicken. Keep up the great work!!
Inside the program:
Our meal plans are so easy to use!
STEP ONE: PREPARE
- Print or scan the weekly meal plan
- Decide which meals you will make. All of them? Just dinner? Just snacks? Up to you!
- Use our weekly tips to circle the meals you can make ahead when you have time!
- Put the planner on your fridge so everyone in the family knows what they can expect.
STEP TWO: SHOP
- Print the shopping list, or bookmark it on your phone for opening at the store.
- Cross out anything you already have in your cupboard
- Buy extra food for recipes you plan to make extras of.
- Use our best prices document to buy in bulk when healthy foods on sale, such as oats, whole wheat flour, nuts, dried fruit, whole wheat noodles, etc.
STEP THREE: COOK
- Print only the recipes you want to make, or print the all-in one document to make them all!
- Check out our weekly tips via email for links to helpful step by step videos in preparing some of the meals!
- Make food for your family!
Sometimes kids are stubborn! Sometimes they won’t eat what you’ve planned, paid for, and prepared! Don’t worry! These recipes have been tested on some of the pickiest eaters! We have them too. We know how hard it is to try to get your kids to eat new food. That’s OK! Eating healthy is a lifestyle. The more often you offer your kids healthy meals, the more familiar they become.
Following the Plan Success
Have you signed up for meal plans before, only to abandon the plan and not follow through? We have all the tools you need here to succeed! We offer tips, videos, easy to follow recipes, and simple plans that make success possible!
You can get started on your healthy eating path today! This risk-free 7 day trial will give you access to everything on the meal planning site! Cancel within the first 7 days and you won’t pay anything!
Try it out! There is never any contracts or obligations. Simply cancel anytime to stop any further billing for the service, no question!
These meal plans are healthy, fresh and fabulous! They are planned by Registered Dietitian, Natalie. then made and photographed by nutritionist, Amy. The food is seasonal and fun! We even have ideas for holidays when they come around!
Bonus! Act now and we’ll throw in a free healthy meal planner! You can collect any meal plans, recipes, and shopping lists you wish to keep! PLUS- a bonus document: Recommended intake for kids!
What are you waiting for? See you on the other side!