Looking for ways to include more fruits and vegetables at every meal? Check out our meal plans for help today!
Ultimate Smoothie Recipe Round Up
Thank you for sending me your smoothie combinations during my last smoothie post! They all sound delicious, and my children are drowning in orange juice smoothies as we've tested and tried them.
Every recipe here we tried, we used Tropicana 100% Pure Florida Orange Juice. Last time I posted about Tropicana, I had some questions on Facebook questioning the purity of the OJ. Here is the truth, according to Tropicana:
What's in the juice comes from the orange and nothing more. It's a few steps from orange to OJ and the main ones are: the fruit is picked at the height of readiness; we extract the essential oils from the peel and squeeze the juice; it's gently pasteurized and chilled; it's blended for consistent quality and taste, and then it's packaged in cartons or safe-stored for packaging at a later date. We ensure the most consistent, high-quality product by blending 100% juice and the oils and essences found in the orange -- similar to when you use orange zest in recipes. We simply extract the best flavor.
It's the real thing! It tastes great, and it's all grown in Florida. Tropicana has openly shared information about their oranges as well as their orange groves, the farmers, and the natural environment they are grown in. Mitch Willis, an orange buyer who visited the grove shared this story:
"We were in a grove and we saw alligators, we saw deer, and then we drove to another part and we saw wild pigs," he recalls. "There was a point when they just leaned over to me and said, 'We're not on a grove tour, we're on a safari.'"
"Tropicana's Florida groves are remarkably vital natural habitats for a wide range of creatures. It's not the least bit uncommon to encounter wild turkeys, coyotes, bobcats, panthers, turtles, ducks, deer, eagles, hogs, raccoons and countless other animals roaming the grove, often completely unfazed by humans nearby."
So, here are our Top 10 Healthy Smoothies that you shared!!
If you would love to take your kids to Florida and see the orange groves in person, now is your chance! Tropicana is giving away a trip, and 100 other prizes!
- Visit Tropicana's Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/Tropicana to get an up close and personal look at some of the Florida groves where many of Tropicana Pure Premium's oranges come from, with photos, stories, grower profiles and fun grove facts.
- From March 19 through April 20, 2012, fans can visit Tropicana's Facebook page to enter to win one of 100 prizes. Prizes include:
- 99 one-year supplies of orange juice in the form of twelve (12) 59oz Tropicana Pure Premium containers
- One trip to a Florida orange grove for a grand-prize winner and three (3) guests, which includes:, Round-trip airfare for four (4) to Florid, Three (3) night stay at a hotel in Sarasota , Behind-the-scenes experience at one of the Florida orange groves with the opportunity to meet growers, tour groves and discover the origins of their favorite OJ
- For official rules and regulations, fans can visit the "sweeps" tab on Tropicana's Facebook page.
Disclosure: I have a formal relationship with Tropicana Pure Premium as a "TropiMomma" blogger. I was compensated for this post. All opinions remain 100% my own.