Looking for ways to include more fruits and vegetables at every meal? Check out our meal plans for help today!
Sweet and Saucy Avocados and Chips
Welcome to week three of LOVE YOUR HEART MONTH! Every Wednesday in February we're linking up with Cara, Lauren, and Nicole to bring you our favorite heart healthy recipes, with giveaways each week! First we shared breakfast, then lunch, and today we are sharing snacks!
Check out Nicole's Buffalo Wing Hummus
My snack today is an avocado dip that we can't get enough of! Natalie though of this dressing for our meal planning site, and I've eaten it every day since I first made it!
Avocados may not be the first thing you think of when you think of heart health. The high fat content may lead some to believe that they would contribute to clogged arteries. But that actually couldn't be further from the truth! Avocados can actually lower risk for heart disease. Plus avocados help us absorb fat soluble vitamins like vitamin E and K.
So, without further ado, I bring you our
BAKED WON TON CRISPS AND AVOCADO DIP
|Sweet and Saucy Avocados and Chips||
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 10-20 won ton wraps
- Cut and arrange won tons wraps on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, or until won tons become crispy.
- In a small bowl, cut up avocado and tomato into chunks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, and soy sauce.
- Pour dressing over avocados and tomatoes.
- Use won ton chips to dip into avocado dip!
Now is where you get to share!! We would love to have you link up to your favorite, heart healthy recipes! Enter a recipe URL you've posted in the past, or post one today so we can visit your blogs and eat great food.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED: Congrats to Amanda B! Last, we have a giveaway. First up is: Ricki Heller's Sweet Freedom cookbook! Who doesn't love dessert? These desserts are made with natural ingredients. They are wheat, dairy, and refined sugar free!
Secondly, someone will get to try The Simply Bar. This fabulous nutrition bar, rich in soy protein and low in sugar. It's all natural, gluten-free and vegan too. What's not to love!
To enter the giveaway, simply
- Leave a comment telling us that you want to win!
- For a second entry, follow Diet, Desserts and Dog's on Facebook (from Sweet Freedom)
- For a third entry, follow The Simply Bar on Facebook
Congrats to Amanda B
Feel free to share the recipes from Love your heart! Copy & paste this code into the html of your post: <a href="http://www.carascravings.com/love-your-heart-feb-2012? target="_blank"><img src=http://www.carascravings.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/loveyourheart5small.jpg>