Looking for ways to include more fruits and vegetables at every meal? Check out our meal plans for help today!
Stuffed Zucchini Pizza Boats
Zucchini has 36 calories per cup, yet 10% of your DV for nutrients such as; manganese, vitamin C, A, and fiber. However, it is so much more beneficial than a vitamin supplement because squash has the ability to help you absorb other nutrients
Whether your garden is overflowing with zucchini, or picked some up at the grocery store, have your kids try these Stuffed zucchini pizza boats.
The process was simple, and the kids can help!
- We sliced a zucchini down the center, and scooped the seeds out of the middle to create a well for the toppings.
- We then placed the zucchini in a microwave safe dish.
- Filled it with a mixture containing
- 1/3 cup cooked rice
- 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce
- (add any other vegetables you choose)
- Topped with mozzarella cheese.
Then, we added a touch of water to the bottom of the dish and covered it with plastic wrap. (like 1-2 TBL)
Then we microwaved on high for 8 minutes (or until zucchini is tender). You can also choose to bake at 400 for about 15 minutes.
Here are some other zucchini posts from the past: