Looking for ways to include more fruits and vegetables at every meal? Check out our meal plans for help today!
Soup for Supper
The vegetable soup for dinner last night didn't exactly bring the kids running to the dining table. But when I told them we were eating the soup out of bowl made from bread, they literally did come running to see what I was talking about. They were excited about their bread bowls. We tried this recipe for Vegetable soup.
Soup is a must for my new meal weekly meal planning. Here are ten reasons soup should be on yours.
- Its economical! Soup is one of the cheapest dinners around.
- Its a great way to get extra vegetables.
- It can be hassle free if you chop up your vegetables ahead of time then just assemble in a crock pot to simmer all day.
- Non-cream based soups are generally lower in calories, yet more filling.
- It can be them main dish, or a side.
- It warms you up in the winter.
- Makes a good freezer meal. (Make a double batch and put half in the freezer. You'll have another meal for a busy night).
- Makes a great meal for a needy neighbor. Make one soup in a huge pot, and you should have enough for two families.
- Great way to add heart healthy herbs into your diet.
- Great way to add beans into your diet. 1 cup a day is the goal!
Our favorite is Potato Soup. Do your kids have a favorite?