Looking for ways to include more fruits and vegetables at every meal? Check out our meal plans for help today!
Party Perfect Princess Pops
It's too bad my kids aren't into princesses, because if I had a daughter under 8, and she was having a birthday party, and she liked princesses, magic, and fairies, I would totally make these princess wand frozen fruit pops for her!
They were pretty easy to make, and they turned out delicious AND pretty! Here is what I did for the fruit star pops:
1) Sliced a melon (I used honeydew) into 1/2 inch thick chunks.
2) I used a star cookie cutter to cut out shapes from the melon.
3) I inserted a candy/sucker stick into the bottom of the melon.
4) I laid it on parchment paper lined baking sheet, and froze the star melon for 2 hours.
5) Then, I used 1 cup of plain yogurt, and diluted it with 1 tablespoon of water, so it would spread nicely onto my melon star.
6) I dipped and spooned the diluted yogurt onto the melon star, sprinkled with edible glitter (optional), and returned it to the freezer for one more hour!
Super easy!! The little caramel apple bites were delicious too, but that was just dipping cut up apples into commercially made caramel, and poking it onto another stick.
I always have some of that green floral foam that I stick my "arrangements" into.
What fruit would you try?