Looking for ways to include more fruits and vegetables at every meal? Check out our meal plans for help today!
Crazy Crunchy Breakfast Burritos Bowls
We eat a lot of eggs around here! So, we like to get clever. This morning, we made crunchy tortilla bowls for our eggs. First, we were going to just cook the bowls, and then throw some scrambled eggs inside-which would still be awesome. But instead we whipped up the eggs, and cooked them in the bowls, kinda quiche-like.
- Cut tortilla (preferably whole wheat tortillas or homemade) into 4 inch squares until you have 6 of them.
- Microwave squares for 20 seconds (this will make them soft enough to mold without breaking)
- Press tortillas into a muffin pan.
- Crack 4 eggs into a bowl
- Add veggies like mushrooms and peppers and stir.
- Add salt
- Pour egg mixture into tortilla bowls, that have been pressed into the muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- If tortilla begins to get brown before eggs are set, cover loosely with foil.