Looking for ways to include more fruits and vegetables at every meal? Check out our meal plans for help today!
Cauliflower Popcorn: Fun and Healthy Snack
Cauliflower is a healthy snack for kids! Whether they enjoy it raw, mashed, cooked, or in casseroles, they'll be able to reap the benefits of:
- Vitamin C! Fight bugs with cauliflower. 1 cup of it has 86% of the daily recommended amount.
- It's full of phytonutrients such as: Beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, caffeic acid, cinnamic acid, ferulic acid, quercetin, rutin, and kaempferol!
- Great for digestion! Not only is there 12 grams of fiber for every 100 calories of cauliflower, but a compound found in cauliflower has been shown to prevent the H Pylori bacteria from over- growing in the intestines (something that is actually a common cause of ulcers)
We found this printable to make your own popcorn bags on Family Fun's website here.
Then we ate both raw cauliflower straight out of the bag like popcorn. AND we tried roasting some and making it crunchy with salt and parmesan cheese.
- Chop cauliflower in small popcorn size pieces
- Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes, or until tops begin to get toasty.