Alfalfa Sushi Sandwiches
Alfalfa sprouts make a great gardening activity for kids, any age, and at any time of the year. The simple sprouting steps are:
- Put 1 TBL of alfalfa sprout seeds into a jar.
- Cover with water for 12 hours.
- Drain water.
- Rinse twice per day.
Once you have the sprouts, you could put them in sandwiches, but get creative and make our sushi sandwiches this way:
- Use 1 slice of whole wheat bread, crusts cut off
- Roll bread with rolling pin until super thing
- arrange veggies such as alfalfa, carrots, and avocado's on one end of bread.
- Roll up.
- Use cream cheese to glue bread together.