Some mornings your kids just need a little something small, right? These mini breakfast burritos are perfect for those kids who don’t like to eat breakfast, yet you want to get a little healthy food in their bellies. Eating breakfast can help prevent those moody fits caused by low blood sugar. (and what I mean by moody is being 10 and crying because you miss a stuffed animal you lost over 4 years ago).
So, the concept is easy enough. We
- sautéed some peppers.
- Cooked an egg.
- Rolled it in a whole wheat tortilla
- And cut cross-ways like sushi.
- 3 TBL chopped bell peppers
- 1 tsp. olive oil, or spray pan with non stick cooking spray
- 3 eggs (whipped slightly in a bowl)
- 1 TBL. water
- 2 (8 inch) Whole wheat tortillas
Cook peppers with oil or cooking spray. Remove peppers from pan. Whisk eggs and water together. Cook egg/water mixture over hot skillet, without scrambling them. Move egg inward to cook although through, and flip, so you have a large “fried egg”. Cut in half. Place one egg on each tortilla. Add peppers to the center of your tortilla and roll up.