Letter Z is here! I’m so excited I think I want to cry. I won’t realize the magnitude of this freedom until next week when I start thinking about new post ideas, but HOORAY for now!! Goodbye Alphabet Academy!
There are two varieties of summer squash. The green vegetable, we call Zucchini, and the yellow one we call crookneck. Both are easy to grow, and both supply families with a huge harvest! The tricky part is to pick your squash before it turns into the size of a baseball bat. Picking them at 6 inches or less gives you a sweeter food, with less seeds.
- Zucchini Cups! These look amazing! With meat, tomato, and mozzarella these zucchini cups are fun to make, and fun to eat!
- Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread: This one is from Everyday Food Storage, and has a great combination of nuts, applesauce, nutmeg, and cinnamon! MMM. Crystal’s website helps you use up that food storage you’ve got in your basement, so you can eat well any time!
- Zucchini Fritters! From Simply Recipes. Simply Recipes has been the go to site for moms everywhere looking to keep dinner on the table each night. These fritters combine egg, zucchini, scallions, and salt and pepper to make a delicious meal for breakfast, lunch OR dinner!
- Baked Zucchini Fries, from the Girl Who Ate Everything! Christy’s gorgeous site has some amazing healthy recipes, that will make your mouth water, including these zucchini fries!
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake (It’s still cake, but mm-mm, good!)
- Zucchini Rice Casserole Eating Well is one of several food magazines I get and love! They have a way of making any dish look appetizing, no matter what crazy ingredients are in it.
- And lastly, Stuffed Zucchini Boats! My kids had fun making these! They are similar idea to the zucchini cups above, but with a few changes.
So, that is all!
Goodbye Zucchini, Goodbye Alphabet Academy! What is your families favorite way to prepare zucchini?