I have been trying different hot cereals to find something my kids like as well as Maple and Brown Sugar instant Oatmeal. I have tried a 7 grain hot cereal, and "Germade" from Lehi Roller Mills (it's kind of like cream of wheat). Both of these have been a disaster in the microwave. No matter what size bowl I use, and following instructions exactly, it explodes into this gritty, creamy, slurppy mess. I have even tried my largest mixing bowl, and it boils into overflowing getting all over the microwave. Then it's too hot to start wiping, and when it cools off, it's too sticky and hardens onto the bowl and microwave. A lid doesn't stop the lava either! Maybe I should try it on the stove top, but if the directions have steps to cook it in the microwave, it should work, shouldn't it?
Take note, I'm starting to add recipes. You'll find them on the sidebar of my blog. There is only one so far, but there will soon be more!
Anyway, Sweet Pea Chef wanted to know a little bit about me, so here goes
- 10 years ago today I was pregnant and finishing my last semester at BYU.
- 5 things on my to do list today: Competing in a triathlon at 9:00, T-ball game at 11:00, Ketchup boy invited to birthday party at 2:00, Making salad for Father's day BBQ, Deciding whether to get husband something for fathers day or not.
- Snacks I enjoy: plain yogurt with jam, strawberries, cereal.
- Places I've lived; California, Oregon, Utah, Virginia
- If I were a billionaire, I would pay off my house and get weekly massages.
- People I want to know more about: Tessa, Grace, and Trish