We recently purchased our very first popcorn popper! We’d been using the “brown bag in the microwave” method (or a dish) for so many years, my kids didn’t even know there was any other way to make popcorn. The problem was that we would only make popcorn when friends were over, so we’d end up making 4-5 bags worth, and it took so long! Our new popper is such a novelty. Whenever kids have friends over, I can hear them say, “Want to see our popcorn popper!”
Popcorn is a healthy snack for kids! It’s 100% whole grain. It’s high in antioxidants, high in fiber, and low in calories.
Anyway, we’ve been eating a lot of it, and so we decided to try different toppings and seasonings. This one is a keeper! We call it Apple Pie Popcorn.
|Apple Pie Popcorn Snack Mix Recipe||
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, and 1/4 tsp. allspice)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans.
- In small bowl, mix together spices and sugar.
- Combine popcorn, dried apples, and pecans.
- Pour melted butter over popcorn mix (or spray with cooking spray)
- Dump sugar-spices over popcorn mix, and shake to coat.