Recipes for Fresh, Wholesome, No-Sugar Added Drinks Your Kids will Love
I'm so excited to share my new book with you! This book is filled with 201 Healthy Smoothies and Juices recipes. Most of the smoothies include greens, fruits, and other healthy add-ins. All of the smoothies and juices are named with kids in mind! Some of the recipes include:
- Prince Papaya Potion
- Freckleberry Lemon Juice
- Sippin Celery Soda
- and Baby’s Berry Blizzard
Plus, on every page is a tip in one of 6 areas:
- Time saver tip (like cleaning your juicer)
- Nutrition News (like the benefits of adding kale to your smoothie)
- DIY (like making your own almond milk)
- Picky Eater Advice (how to get those smoothies down the hatch)
- Green Tips (being eco-friendly)
- Making it fun! (Making eating healthy fun!!)
Outrageous Orange Explosion includes:
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce
- 3 oranges, peeled
- 1/2 cup coconut milk.
Smoothies and juices are a great way to ensure your kids are getting the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables in a day. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends for children ages 2-8:
- 1 1/2 cups of fruit per day
- 1 1/2-2 cups of vegetables per day
Kids who get the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables:
- Have a decreased risk for Type 2 diabetes
- Have Improved immunity
- Maintain a healthier weight
- Have better vision and skin
- Have healthier gums and teeth.
- Have more energy to play
- Have a preference for healthier food!
- Have better brain function.
- Have better sleep.
- Plus, live longer!
This is why I’m so excited about this book. For parents looking for ways to include more fruits and vegetables in their child’s diet, this book is the perfect answer!